Updated as of March 1, 2021
UTC Building Closed to the Public
The UTC building is closed to the public until further notice, and most UTC employees are working remotely. Despite this closure, the commission is operational.
If you have business with the commission, please use our online services:
- File a consumer complaint or call 1-888-333-WUTC (9882)
- E-file documents in a proceeding
- Pay regulatory fees
- Find documents or request records
- Lookup a transportation company's permit status
- Download annual reports
On Oct. 15, the commission ordered investor-owned electric and natural gas utilities in Washington to continue a moratorium on disconnections for nonpayment until July 31, 2021. Also, utilities will continue to waive deposits for new customers and all late fees through Oct. 27, 2021.
- UTC COVID-19 utility assistance information.
- "Call for Help" social media toolkit – social media posts energy companies can use to direct customers to the UTC’s consumer help line.
Energy Company Customer Arrearages Map
View an interactive map of Energy Company Customer Arrearages by zip code.
Utility COVID-19 Response Pages
- Cascade Natural
- Frontier Communications
- Pacific Power
- Puget Sound Energy
- Northwest Natural
- Washington Water
Commercial Vehicle Drivers
- Driver licenses expiration dates extended
- Waiver in response to the COVID-19 emergency – For States, CDL Holders, CLP Holders, and Interstate Drivers Operating Commercial Motor Vehicles
- USDOT issues national emergency declaration for commercial vehicles delivering relief in response to the coronavirus outbreak
- National Emergency Declaration for Commercial Vehicles Delivering Relief in Response to the Coronavirus Outbreak
Open Meetings, Hearings, and Workshops
At this time, the UTC is holding open meetings, hearings, and workshops with telephonic or online-only participation. If you are planning to participate in a meeting, hearing, or workshop, make sure you check the calendar event for details.
- Find community resources through WA 2-1-1.
- Washington State’s official COVID-19 site.
- Department of Health Novel Coronavirus Outbreak 2019 website.
- Novel Coronavirus fact sheet (Department of Health).
- Call the COVID-19 hotline at 1-800-525-0127 if you have questions about what is happening in Washington, or how the virus is spread. The lines are staffed from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- NARUC state response tracker.