Railroad companies are required to notify the commission and the governing authority of a community at least 10 days prior to taking any planned action that may have a significant impact on the community. Such actions can include disrupting the use of a crossing for track inspection, reconstruction, maintenance, or blocking a crossing. For more information, see WAC 480-62-305 - Railroad Community Notice Requirements.
UTC Physical Address Change
In 2019, the commission moved to 621 Woodland Square Loop SE, Lacey, WA 98503-1036. The commission's mailing address, PO Box 47250, Olympia, WA 98504-7250, did not change. Railroads should include the commission's new physical address in all community impact notices.
Submit a Notice
To submit a community impact notice, email: WUTC Community Notice.
Community Notices Received
The commission received the following community impact notices:
- Vine Street, Seattle - November 23, 2021
- Meridian Street, Puyallup - Nov. 21-24, 2021
- Bell Road, Blaine - Nov. 16-18, 2021
- Lind-Hatton Road, Lind - Nov. 11-12 and 16, 2021
- Cunningham Road, Hatton - Nov. 9-10 and 15, 2021
- Bow Hill Road, Bow - Nov. 2-4, 2021
- Monroe to Skykomish - Oct. 4-8, 2021
- E. Washington Street, Napavine - Oct. 4-8, 2021
- 204th Street NE, Arlington - Sept. 24, 2021
- Cheney Area Crossings - Sept. 20 - Oct. 4, 2021
- Commodore Way and 54th Street NW, Ballard - Oct. 18-19, 2021
- Maple Street, Cashmere - Sept. 24, 2021
- SR-20, Burlington - Sept. 21-23, 2021
- N. 9th St., Sunnyside Sept. 21-23, 2021
- Maple Street, Cashmere - Sept. 9, 2021
- S. 212th St., Kent, Sept. 7-8, 2021
- Private Crossings, Plymouth - Sept. 2 and 9, 2021
- Greenleaf Street, Burlington - Aug. 31-Sept. 2, 2021
- SR 97 and Eastside Oroville Rd., near Oroville, Aug. 27-30, 2021
- Quincy crossings - Aug. 2021
- Adams Street, Connell - June 9-11, 2021
For questions or information on past community impact notices, please contact email@example.com.