If you are submitting a tariff electronically to the commission, it is not necessary to follow up with a paper copy.
To submit a tariff filing electronically, follow these steps:
1. Companies submitting tariffs electronically must comply with WAC 480-70.
2. Pre-authorization is required to electronically file tariffs.
3. An electronically filed tariff is considered received by the commission only when the entire electronically transmitted document successfully reaches the Commission's Records Center electronic mailbox or Records Center Web Portal.
4. E-filings received after 5 p.m. on weekdays, or at any time on weekends and holidays, are not considered officially received or filed until the next business day.
- WAC 480-07-120 "Business day" means any day when the commission's offices are open to the public. Commission offices are open to the public between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except on official state holidays.
5. All electronically filed tariffs should be submitted through the Records Center e-File Form.
6. The email's subject line should contain sufficient information for staff to determine what the company is transmitting. Example: "Company Name tariff filing."
7. Each electronically filed tariff should be filed with the commission in a single submission. All supporting documents regarding the e-filing should be attached to the e-mail or entered into the Web Portal, preferably as Word or Excel documents.
8. Attachments must have descriptive filenames.
- Transmittal (cover) letter
- LRN Form
- Supporting documents
- Redacted contract terms and conditions
- Confidential contract terms and conditions
9. All confidential documents must be in compliance with commission Confidential Rules, WAC 480-07-160.