Licensing & Insurance

In order to operate in Washington, transportation companies must be licensed/permitted, and demonstrate proof of insurance. The commission has licensing and transportation staff available to assist with this process.

Regulatory Authority

The UTC regulates the rates and services of household goods movers; passenger transportation companies; investor-owned electric, natural gas, garbage, and water utilities; landline telecommunications companies; garbage haulers; commercial ferries; pipeline companies; marine pilotage; and a low-level radioactive waste repository.