Below are direct links to some important transportation resources.
- US Department of Transportation - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration - At this site you can get the forms you need to obtain a Federal "DOT" number. You can also find forms for federal motor carrier authority and federal broker authority.
- Washington State Department of Licensing - Here you will find forms for driver, vehicle, Fuel Tax, IFTA, IRP, Vehicle Licensing, and Commercial Driver Licensing.
- Washington Business Licensing Services - This is where you will apply for your Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number.
- Washington State Secretary of State - Their website includes information on corporation registration.
- Washington State Department of Revenue - This site contains state tax information, including start-up business issues.
- Washington State Patrol - Contains information on road safety, traction devices, weather, and traffic conditions.
- Washington State Department of Transportation - Their website has information about road conditions, restrictions, pass conditions, emergency closures, rest stops, freight and special use permits (trucking), public transportation (bus and rail), and state ferries.
- Internal Revenue Service - Their site includes forms and information about federal taxes including the heavy vehicle use tax.
- National Conference of State Transportation Specialists - Their site includes contact lists for key transportation agencies in each state.
- Washington Trucking Association - The Washington state affiliate of the American Trucking Association.
- Washington Movers Conference
- National Transportation Safety Board - This site provides information on transportation safety investigations and research.
- Northwest Motor Coach Association - Pacific Northwest motorcoach industry news, events, and guidance.
- Washington Refuse and Recycling Association - This site provides information such as workshops, seminars, and more for solid waste haulers.