Request Records

The commission keeps records on all documents and filings related to rate cases, hearings, rulemakings and more. To search for electronic versions of documents, visit the Online Records Center.

If you cannot find the document you need, please submit a public records request.  

Request Records:

  • Fill out the Online Records Request Form; or
  • Call 360-664-1234; or
  • Write to the UTC, P.O Box 47250, Olympia, WA, 98504-7250
    • Include your return address and a detailed description of the document you are looking for and docket number.

Copying and Service Cost:

  1. There is no charge for inspection of records on site.
  2. Copying and delivery charges may apply as the commission has established.
  3. One copy of the following documents will be provided free of charge and without the need to make a formal RFPR:
    1. Permits
    2. Carrier profiles
    3. Documents submitted by a regulated company, e.g., tariffs, certificates, etc., when requested by that company
  4. The UTC will respond to requests for information from universities, colleges, and state, local, and federal agencies at no charge.
  5. On a case-by-case basis, the Secretary may authorize free or reduced charges to individuals or organizations when the requirement to pay for copies would restrict access to otherwise available records.