*Please check this page regularly as trainings may be changed or rescheduled.
The commission offers free training for household goods moving companies.
Each person named in the carrier's application must attend the course as a condition to receive permanent authority.
Participants can choose to take either a live or virtual training to meet this requirement.
Live trainings are a one-day course led by an instructor. Currently, all live trainings are being held on Microsoft Teams.
- Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2023, held virtually on Microsoft Teams. *Attendance limited to 35 participants
- Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2024, held virtually on Microsoft Teams. *Attendance limited to 35 participants
- Contact email@example.com
Virtual trainings are online trainings that you can take at your own pace, without an instructor. You can stop and start the virtual training at any time, but you must complete every module within 30 days to meet the training requirement including the final knowledge test.
Just like the live training, this training has three sections: Consumer Protection (modules 1.1 - 1.12), Annual Reports (module 2.1), and Transportation Safety (modules 3.1-3.9).
If you complete the training in one session, each module will take you to the next section upon completion. Or, you can select each module from your dashboard when you’re ready to take the next one.
The non-facilitated training uses a platform called UTC Academy. Follow these steps to get access:
- If you have an existing SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account, email firstname.lastname@example.org letting them know the username and email account tied to your SAW login. You might already have a SAW login if you have accessed other state services online, such as renewing your driver’s license or paying unemployment insurance premiums for your business.
- If you don’t have an existing SAW login, create one by clicking this link: SecureAccess Washington.
- Email email@example.com letting them know the username and email account tied to your SAW login. Please also include your first and last name and company you are with.
- You will receive an email from “Easy LMS” after the course has been added to your dashboard, letting you know that you can now access the training. You will access the course using the user name and email account tied to your SAW account.
- You have 30 days to complete the entire HHG training. That’s it, you’re done!
If you have any questions about UTC Academy, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.