Railroad companies are required to notify the commission and the governing authority of a community at least 10 days prior to taking any planned action that may have a significant impact on the community. Such actions can include disrupting the use of a crossing for track inspection, reconstruction, maintenance, or blocking a crossing. For more information, see WAC 480-62-305 - Railroad Community Notice Requirements.
UTC Physical Address Change
In 2019, the commission moved to 621 Woodland Square Loop SE, Lacey, WA 98503-1036. The commission's mailing address, PO Box 47250, Olympia, WA 98504-7250, did not change. Railroads should include the commission's new physical address in all community impact notices.
Submit a Notice
To submit a community impact notice, email: WUTC Community Notice.
Community Notices Received
The commission received the following community impact notices:
- Pines Road, Spokane Valley - Sept. 12, 2022
- Maytown Rd-Case Rd, Aug. 19, 2022
- Van Giesen Street SR 224, Benton, August 18-22, 2022
- Bell Road, Blaine - July 12-14, 2022
- Washington Way, Longview - July 5-8, 2022
- 6th Avenue, Tacoma - June 27-30, 2022
For questions or information on past community impact notices, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.