- Make a PaymentPay regulatory fees, penalties and more online!
- School DistrictsRequest Carrier Safety Profiles before hiring charter busses.
A 'charter party carrier of passengers' means every person (an individual, a corporation, association, joint stock association, and partnership, their lessees) engaged in the transportation of a group of persons, who under a single contract, have acquired the use of a motor bus to travel together as a group within the state of Washington.
An 'excursion service carrier of passengers' means every person (an individual, a corporation, association, joint stock association, and partnership, their lessees) engaged in the transportation of persons for compensation from points of origin to any other locations within the state of Washington and returning to that origin.
Companies We Regulate
Information for Companies
- Unified Carrier Registration (UCR)
- USDOT Number Requirement
- USDOT Biennial Update Info Card
- Motor Carrier Insurance Requirements - Fact Sheet
- Motor Carrier Overview - Fact Sheet
- Transportation Fact Sheet
- Transportation Contacts
- Rules Workshop handouts - UTC
- Rules Workshop handouts - Liquor and Cannabis Board
- Charter and Excursion Annual Report
- Annual Report Forms
Expect an average permitting time of 7.2 days, if a complete application is submitted. If application is incomplete, expect an average of 30.1 days to process.
- Passenger Charter_Excursion - Permit Application
- Passenger Charter Excursion - Attachment A
- Filled Out Application (Example)
- Permit Cancellation Request - Fillable
File Your Transportation Application Electronically
For More Information
Email: Licensing Services
621 Woodland Square Loop SELacey, WA 98503P.O. Box 47250
Olympia, WA 98504-7250