Regulated Company Survey
- Take the Survey Tell us how we're doing and help us improve our business performance.
- E-File Form Electronically file annual reports.
Make A Payment
- Online Payment Form After filing annual report documents, make a payment using the Online Payment Form.
State law requires regulated utility and transportation companies to file annual reports and pay regulatory fees to The Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission (UTC). If you operated at any time during the reporting year, you are required to file an annual report.
File early to make sure you have enough time to fix any issues. Submitting your report does not mean it is considered complete.
File the correct annual report form by industry.
- The UTC must receive your complete report and regulatory fee payment by May 1. Please Note: If May 1 falls on a weekend, unless you are filing your report and making your payment electronically, you must make sure your report and payment reaches the UTC offices the business day before May 1.
- The UTC reviews reports in the order received.
- If your report is incomplete or there are questions, staff will send an email to the report contact.
- Please do not electronically file and mail your report.
When submitting your report and making your payment electronically, you will receive a confirmation number for each submission. Print or keep an electronic copy of the confirmation for records.
Filing Your Report
Submitting your report:
The UTC accepts reports in Excel or Adobe format only.
Utilities and Transportation Commission
PO Box 47250
Olympia, WA 98504
621 Woodland Square Loop SE
Lacey, WA 98503
Payment of Fees
The UTC accepts the following methods of payment:
Check (must be in US Funds)
- List your company name on the check.
- Write "regulatory fee" in the reference line.
- Include a copy of your regulatory fee calculation sheet.
Payment by using the Online Payment Form (ACH, American Express, Discover/Novus, MasterCard, Visa)
- Please call Financial Services at 360-664-1349 if you are having a problem with online payments.
- Please note: A convenience fee of 2.5 percent (minimum of $3.95) is charged by Official Payment for using the credit card processing service or making a payment over the phone.
For more information or questions about the annual reporting process and requirements:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-664-1157