Consumer Complaints

The UTC regulates the rates and services of privately-owned or investor-owned utility and transportation companies. Our mission is to ensure that services are fairly priced, available, reliable, and safe.

Our consumer protection specialists can assist you with billing disputes, service complaints, disconnect notices, deposit problems, and more. We can also direct you to utility assistance programs or answer general questions about utility and transportation rates and services. If your dispute is with a Public Utility District (PUD) or municipal utility, you will need to contact that utility.

For a detailed list of complaints we accept, read When to Call the Commission and Types of Complaints.

For a list of complaints by industry or company, visit complaint statistics.

If your utility service is in threat of disconnection, call the commission’s consumer protection help line directly at 1-888-333-WUTC (9882).

To submit a complaint: