The UTC is currently holding a general rate case (GRC) to evaluate changes Puget Sound Energy plans to make to its rates and services, filed in January 2022.
The commission tracks all documents including work papers, notices, public comments, and official orders through dockets. For this rate case, the docket numbers are:
The UTC is hosting a virtual public comment hearing on Sept. 28 to hear comments on PSE's proposed rate change. If you would like to attend or provide public comments, you can:
- participate by Zoom,
- participate by Phone:
- dial 253-215-8782 and use Conference ID 834 6224 4485 and Passcode 772950.
If you can't attend the meeting, you can send comments by:
- email to email@example.com;
- mail to P.O. Box 47250 Olympia, WA 98504; or
- phone at 888-333-9882 (toll-free).
You can request language assistance or reasonable accommodations to participate in the meeting at no cost to you.
- Tariff Filed Jan. 1, 2022: On Jan. 31, 2022, Puget Sound Energy filed with the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission (Commission) revisions to its currently effective WN U-60 Tariff G, Electric Service and WN U-2 Tariff, Natural Gas Service. The Company proposes a multiyear rate plan with performance measures for its base electric rates and natural gas rates.
- Consolidation Order Feb. 10, 2022: On Feb. 10, 2022, the Commission entered Order 01, which suspended tariff revisions and consolidated Dockets UE-220066 and UG-220067 and Order 02, Protective Order.
- Prehearing Conference Notice Feb. 14, 2022: On Feb. 14, 2022, the Commission issued a Notice of Virtual Prehearing Conference, scheduled for Feb. 28, 2022, at 9:30 a.m.
- Prehearing Conference Order March 3, 2022: On March 3, 2022, the Commission issued Order 03.The prehearing conference order set a procedural schedule, including a virtual Evidentiary Hearing on Oct. 3, 2022 at 9 a.m. Participate online. Or, join by phone at 253 215-8782, using conference ID: 958 4537 3117#, Passcode: 588131#. The hearing will continue on Oct. 4, as necessary.
- Order 04 March 3, 2022: On March 3, 2022, the Commission issued Order 04, Granting Motion to Strike.