If you are submitting a tariff electronically to the commission, it is not necessary to follow up with a paper copy.
To submit a tariff filing electronically, follow these steps:
1. Companies submitting tariffs electronically must comply with commission Utility Tariff and Contract Rules, WAC 480-80.
2. Pre-authorization is required to electronically file tariffs.
3. An electronically filed tariff is considered received by the commission only when the entire electronically transmitted document successfully reaches the Commission's Records Center Web Portal.
4. E-filings received after 5 p.m. on weekdays, or at any time on weekends and holidays, are not considered officially received or filed until the next business day.
WAC 480-07-120 "Business day" means any day when the commission's offices are open to the public. Commission offices are open to the public between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except on official state holidays.
5. All electronically filed tariffs should be submitted through the Records Center e-File Form .
6. Each electronically filed tariff should be filed with the commission in a single submission. All supporting documents regarding the e-filing should be included with the filing in the Web Portal, preferably as PDF or Excel documents.
7. Attachments must have descriptive filenames.
Transmittal (cover) letter
8. All confidential documents must be in compliance with commission Confidential Rules, WAC 480-07-160.