Note: These links to energy-related web sites are provided as a convenience to UTC customers. The commission does not endorse any product, service, or viewpoint contained on them. Scroll down the page, or use the listing of categories below.
- Northwest Utilities
- State Agencies
- Regional Organizations
- Federal Agencies
- Statistics and Data
- Energy Pricing
- Natural Gas
- Green Power and Renewable Resources
- Dams, Fish, and Environment
- General Information
- Links to Links
- Consumer Links
- Puget Sound Energy
- BPA - Bonneville Power Administration. The monthly BPA Journal provides news to customers and interested public.
- Seattle City Light
- Tacoma Power
- Snohomish PUD
- Washington PUD Association includes links to Public Utility Districts in Washington.
- Washington Rural Electric Cooperative Association lists many rural, mutual, and cooperative electric utilities
- BC Hydro
- Cascade Natural Gas
- Puget Sound Energy
- Northwest Natural Gas
- PG&E Gas Transmission Northwest
- Williams Northwest Pipeline
- BC CAS - British Columbia Crown Agencies Secretariat is the main centre for financial and economic analysis of Crown operations; the Secretariat also plays a role in formulating and communicating Cabinet policy directives to Crown corporations.
- BC MEM - British Columbia Ministry of Energy & Mines.
- BCOGC - British Columbia Oil & Gas Commission regulates natural gas exploration and development.
- BCUC - British Columbia Utilities Commission.
- OPUC - Oregon Public Utility Commission.
- CPUC - California Public Utility Commission.
- IPUC - Idaho Public Utility Commission
- NARUC - National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners represents public utility and transportation commissions (PUCs) in the US and Canada. See NARUC's Electricity Committee, Gas Committee, and PUC links.
- NRRI - National Regulatory Research Institute at the Ohio State University provides research and assistance to help public utility commissions accomplish their missions.
- utilityregulation.com is a resource for public utility regulation.
Washington State Agencies
- EFSEC - The Energy Facility Site Evaluation Council is the permitting authority for energy facilities over 350 mW in Washington State. Their site includes current applications.
- Energy Policy Group is a division of the Washington State Office of Trade and Economic Development.
- Energy Program at Washington State University offers a variety of energy services to businesses and homes in Washington.
- NWPCC - The Northwest Power and Conservation Council is a four-state compact (Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington) which oversees electric power system planning and fish and wildlife recovery in the Columbia river basin.
- WECC - Western Electricity Coordinating Council coordinates and promotes electric system reliability in the western United States, Canada, and Mexico.
- WIEB - Western Interstate Energy Board, an association of Western states and Canadian provinces.
- DOE - US Department of Energy.
- EIA - The Energy Information Administration offers official energy statistics from the US government.
- FERC - The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission regulates transmission and wholesale prices of natural gas, oil, and electricity in interstate commerce, and licenses and inspects hydroelectric projects.
- NOAA - The National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration includes the National Weather Service and National Marine Fisheries Service.
Energy Statistics and Data
- 6560 Study - The Washington State Electricity System Study (1998) is a comprehensive overview prepared by the WUTC and Energy Policy Group.
- Annual Energy Review lets users view or download over 1,800 data series from EIA's annual energy report. Most data are available on an annual basis from 1949 through 2000.
- Consumer Price Index from the Bureau of Labor Statistics includes energy price information.
- Financial Information for Major Energy Producers - DOE/EIA analysis.
- Williams Pipeline bulletin board has up-to-date information on gas pipeline capacity, operational notices, and tariffs.
- Bloomberg Energy is a subscription service which offers some free price data and news.
- Energy Online courtesy LGC Consulting offers some free price data and news.
- Intercontinental Exchange has daily natural gas price information.
- PowerMarketers.Com provides electricity and natural gas PRICES, news, and other energy industry information from The Power Marketing Association.
- AGA - American Gas Association represents gas utilities
- GT I - Gas Technology Institute provides products and services related to natural gas.
- EERE - Comprehensive resources of DOE's Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy network (EERE), plus access to more than 600 links and 80,000 customers. See EERE's guide to building efficiency, residential homes, and industrial best practices.
- Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (NEEA or the Alliance) is a consortium of Northwest utilities investing in market transformation for energy-efficient products and services.
- Northwest Energy Efficiency Business Listings a collection of energy efficiency firms and professionals maintained by BPA that can help you in your quest for energy efficiency.
- Washington Energy Code
- AWEA - American Wind Energy Association advocates the development of wind energy as reliable, environmentally superior energy alternative. In particular, see AWEA's wind energy development database for Washington State.
- Green Power Network from DOE provides news on green power markets and utility green pricing programs - both domestic and international.
- Northwest Environmental Advocates work to protect and restore water and air quality, wetlands, and wildlife habitat, and to stimulate the development of renewable energy sources.
- NREL - National Renewable Energy Laboratory, DOE's laboratory for renewable energy and energy efficiency research, development and deployment.
- EMAA - Electric Markets Analysis and Applications from NREL provides strategic information on facilitating renewable energy technologies in electricity markets.
- Washington Solar Energy Industries Association promotes the effective use of solar energy in Washington State through education and training.
- Solar Washington Chapter of the American Solar Energy Society (ASES)
Dams, Fish, and the Environment
- American Rivers is a non-profit organization for the protection and restoration of healthy natural rivers and the variety of life they sustain.
- Atlantic Salmon Federation is an international non-profit organization promoting conservation and wise management of the wild Atlantic salmon and its environment.
- Natural Resources Council of Maine works to protect, conserve and restore Maine's environment.
- River Alliance of Wisconsin is a non-profit, non-partisan group which advocates for the protection, enhancement and restoration of the state's rivers and watersheds.
- Trout Unlimited aims to conserve, protect and restore North American trout and salmon fisheries and their watersheds.
- United Nations Dams & Development Project promotes improved decision-making, planning, and management of dams and their alternatives, based on the core values and strategic priorities of the World Commission on Dams.
Global Climate Change
- Pew Center on Global Climate Change
- Washington Climate Change – Washington State Department of Ecology Climate Change page.
- American Petroleum Institute
- California Energy Commission includes links to many other energy sites
- EPRI is the Electric Power Research Institute. EPRI Journal Online provides information about electricity research, including renewables, fuel cells, and other topics
- NRRI Electric and Gas page from the National Regulatory Research Institute
- What is Energy? A basic introduction to energy from the California Energy Commission
- WSU Energy Program Library catalog
- Energy News Data – Energy news specific to the western region.
Links to Links
- The Utility Connection - Comprehensive links to electric, gas, water and wastewater utilities, regulators, associations and resources.
- Public Utility Home Page - Lawyer Scott Rubin's collection of utilities and associations.
- National Association of State Energy Officials