For information on what to expect when you representing yourself at a commission hearing, review our pro se litigant information guide.
Laws and Rules
- Laws - The commission operates under Title 80 RCW - Utilities and Title 81 RCW - Transportation in the Revised Code of Washington (RCW), or see all RCW titles.
- Rules - All UTC rules under Title 480 of the Washington Administrative Code (WAC), or see all state rules.
- Procedures are contained in chapter 480-07 WAC, and follow the Administrative Procedures Act (APA) in chapter 34.05 RCW.
Federal Laws and Rules
- Washington's state Constitution is available online at the Code Reviser's website, or an indexed web version is available at the Washington State Court website.
- The commission has adopted policies on Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) in Dockets 950243 and 940351.
- Commission orders - Washington Court of Appeals, Division 2, Case No. 44591-3.
Find a Document
- Search for documents in docketed filings in the UTC's Records Center.
- Recent orders issued by the commission.