File a Complaint

If you have a dispute with a regulated utility or transportation company, you should first try to resolve it with the company. Many disputes can be resolved by asking for a supervisor. If you are unable to resolve the issue, please contact the UTC.

If your utility service is in threat of disconnection, please call the Consumer Protection Help Line directly at 1-888-333-WUTC (9882).

To File a Complaint

  • File electronically using our Online Complaint Form; or
  • E-mail; or
  • Call the Consumer Protection Help Line toll-free at 1-888-333-WUTC (9882) between 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1:30-4:00 p.m., Mon.-Fri.; or
  • Write the UTC at P.O. Box 47250, Olympia, WA 98504. Please include a return address.

Please include:

  • Company name,
  • Dispute or issue, and
  • Steps you've taken to resolve the issue.

Consumer Protection staff may contact you during the investigation with questions. When the investigation is complete, our staff will contact you to discuss the results.

When to Call the Commission  

The UTC regulates only privately held or investor-owned companies. For a detailed list of complaints we accept, read When to Call the Commission.

If your dispute is with a Public Utility District (PUD) or municipal utility, you will need to contact that utility.