Laws And Rules
- Energy Independence Act (RCW 19.285)
- Energy Independence Act rules (WAC 480-109)
- Clean Energy Transformation Act (RCW 19.405)
- Clean Energy Transformation Act rules (WAC 480-100-600 through -665)
- Electric Integrated Resource Planning (WAC 480-100-238)
- Natural Gas Integrated Resource Planning (WAC 480-90-238)
The commission oversees energy conservation services offered by regulated utilities. Conservation is defined as any reduction in energy consumption resulting from increases in the efficiency of energy use, production, or distribution.
The commission oversees renewable energy programs offered by regulated utilities. Renewable energy, or 'green power,' is defined as energy produced from solar, wind, geothermal or other 'green' sources.
- Overview of Renewable Energy programs
- Green Power Programs in WA
- Renewable Incentives for Consumers
- Net Metering - receive credits for power you generate
- Renewable Energy and Conservation Initiative
- Integrated Resource Planning - Companies' plans for renewable energy generation