Common Carriers

A 'common carrier' is defined as any company or person who is transporting property other than household goods for compensation within the state of Washington.

To download the application, save to your desktop, and fill out the form. You can e-file and pay online. If you have trouble with the e-filing, email the application to

If you are looking to voluntary cancel your permit, here's the Voluntary Cancellation Form - this form can only be used for Common Carriers, Freight Brokers, Household Goods, Charter/Excursion, and Non-Profit buses. All other industries, call 360-664-1222. 

Companies We Regulate



Information for Companies


Please fill out the appropriate fillable form, and save to your desktop. You'll then want to upload your application and submit it through the transportation application e-portal.

New Applicants / Transfer of Authority / Extension of Authority

Estimated permitting time on average is one day, if complete
application is submitted by company
. If application is
incomplete, an average of 9 days.

Name or Business Structure Change Application

Reinstatement Application

Hazardous Materials Supplemental Form

Transfer Application

Voluntary Cancellation Form


Email Licensing Services with your questions. 

You can also reach the commission at:

Phone: 360-664-1222
Fax: 360-586-1181  

Mailing Address
621 Woodland Square Loop SE Lacey, WA 98503 
PO Box 47250
Olympia, WA 98504-7250