Telephone Assistance Program

More Information

The Washington Telephone Assistance Program ended in August 2015. Customers seeking telephone assistance will need to apply for the federal Lifeline program. 

The federal Lifeline Program provides assistance for broadband or telephone service. Visit for more information about the Lifeline program.

The federal Affordable Connectivity Program provides assistance for broadband service. Visit for more information about the Lifeline program.

FCC Affordable Contectivity Program

acpWidget ends up here

Tribal Lifeline and Link-Up Programs

If you live on a federally recognized reservation, you may be able to save even more money on your phone bill through the federal Tribal Lifeline and Link-Up programs. Call your local phone company to find out if you qualify for this program. For more information on Tribal Lifeline and Link-Up, visit

Wireless Assistance

Some wireless phone companies offer federal Lifeline assistance. Lifeline benefits may be applied to only one type of service, landline or wireless, and to one line per household. If you are eligible for assistance, you must choose which service would best fit your needs. Contact your wireless company to see if it provides Lifeline benefits.

Need help? Call the commission!

Commission staff are always ready to answer questions about regulated companies. We can help you with problems regarding their service, rates and billing practices. Please try to resolve your complaint directly with the company first. If you feel you have given them adequate time to correct the problem, and you are still not satisfied, call the commission for help at 1-888-333-WUTC (9882) or email