The UTC is currently evaluating a petition and complaint that the City of Spokane filed against Union Pacific Railroad in November 2021. In the petition, the City of Spokane seeks to modify a grade public road crossing over Barker Road. The complaint asks that the commission issue a declaratory order assigning maintenance costs of the crossing to Union Pacific Railroad.
The commission tracks all documents including work papers, notices, public comments, and official orders through dockets. For this case, the docket numbers are:
- TR-210814 (formal complaint of City of Spokane against Union Pacific Railroad)
- TR-210809 (petition to modify warning devices at rail crossing)
The commission held a public comment hearing on May 10, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.
Interested persons can also submit comments:
by mail to P.O. Box 47250, Olympia, WA, 98504;
by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
by calling toll-free 1-888-333-9882.
- Petition and Complaint Filed Nov. 24, 2021: The City of Spokane Valley filed with the commission a petition and complaint against Union Pacific Railroad. The petition seeks to modify a grade public road crossing over Barker Road. The complaint seeks a declaratory order assigning maintenance costs of the crossing to Union Pacific Railroad.
- Virtual Prehearing Conference Notice Nov. 29, 2021: The commission issued a Notice scheduling a virtual prehearing conference on Jan. 13, 2022 at 1:30 p.m.
- Consolidation Order, Virtual Prehearing Conference Order Jan. 24, 2022: The commission issued Order 01 which, among other things, consolidated dockets TR-210809 and TR-210814, and established a procedural schedule. The prehearing conference order set the date for an evidentiary hearing on May 10, 2022, at 9:30 a.m. The commission also held a public comment hearing on May 10, 2022, at 6 p.m.