The UTC is currently holding a general rate case to evaluate changes Avista plans to make to its rates and services, filed in January 2022. Avista proposes a two year rate plan, beginning with new base rates effective in December 2022 (Rate Year 1) and December 2023 (Rate Year 2).
The commission tracks all documents including work papers, notices, public comments, and official orders through dockets. For this rate case, the docket numbers are:
The UTC is hosting a virtual public comment hearing at 6 p.m. on Sept. 7 to hear comments on Avista's proposed changes. If you would like to attend or provide public comments, you can:
- participate by Zoom,
- participate by Phone:
- dial 253-215-8782 and use Meeting ID 932 0659 3527 and Passcode 333313.
You can request language assistance or reasonable accommodations to participate in the meeting at no cost to you.
Customers can also submit comments about the case:
by mail to P.O. Box 47250, Olympia, WA, 98504;
by email firstname.lastname@example.org; or
by calling toll-free 1-888-333-9882.
- Tariff Filed Jan. 21, 2022: Avista Corporation filed with the Commission revisions in Docket UE-220053 to its currently effective electric service tariff, Tariff WN U-28, and in Docket UG-220054 to its natural gas service tariff, Tariff WN U-29. The purpose of these filings is to increase rates and charges for electric and natural gas service provided to Washington customers. Avista proposes a Two Year Rate Plan, beginning with new base rates effective in December 2022 (Rate Year 1) and December 2023 (Rate Year 2).
- Consolidation Order Jan. 27, 2022: The Commission entered Order 01. Order 01 consolidated Dockets UE-220053 and UG-220054 and suspended operations of the revised tariffs.
- Standard Protective Order Jan. 31, 2022: The commission entered Order 02, a standard protective order.
- Virtual Prehearing Conference Notice Feb. 3, 2022: The commission issued a Notice scheduling two virtual prehearing conferences for Feb. 14, 2022 and Feb. 28, 2022.
- Prehearing Conference Order Feb. 16, 2022: The commission issued Order 03. The prehearing conference order set a procedural schedule, including an Evidentiary Hearing on Sept. 21, 2022, at 9:30 a.m. Participate online. Or, join by phone at 253 215-8782, using conference ID: 998 8641 5658#, Passcode: 117213#. The hearing will continue on Sept. 22 and 23, as necessary.
- Status Conference Notice June 13, 2022: The commission issued a Notice scheduling a status conference for parties and suspending the procedural schedule. Participate online. Or, join by phone at 253- 215 8782, using conference ID: 823 2588 7826#, Passcode: 617488#.
- Settlement Hearing Notice June 22, 2022: The commission issued a Notice adopting a procedural schedule and setting a settlement hearing for Sept. 21, 2023, at 9:30 a.m. Participate online. Or, join by phone at 253- 215 8782, using conference ID: 998 8641 5658#, Passcode: 117213#