Customer Notice

Customers – call your utility today for help with overdue bills, before the disconnection ban ends on July 31. Read our consumer notice and visit our COVID-19 Utility Bill Assistance page to learn more.

Household Goods Carriers

Transportation of household goods means the for-hire movement of household goods by motor vehicle over the public highways within the state of Washington.

This includes providing estimates, arranging for receipt, delivery, storage in transit, handling, and providing any accessorial services in connection with that movement.

Companies We Regulate

Transportation News



The Motor Carrier Safety Program provides safety oversight of privately-owned companies that provide transportation services within Washington state.

Information for Companies




Estimated processing time for a complete application is about 1.3 days. Incomplete applications can take an average of 28 days to process which includes mandatory training.  

You must attend a commission-sponsored training prior to receiving your provisional permit. Please see the upcoming dates here.

If you cannot wait until the next training, you may come to a commission-sponsored orientation, however, you will also be required to attend a later training. 

 Application Forms

 Resources for Movers

For More Information

Email: Licensing Services with questions about the application process and insurance

Or Phone: 360-664-1222

Email: Consumer Protection with tariff and rule questions

Mailing Address

P.O. Box 47250
Olympia, WA 98504-7250