- Make a PaymentPay regulatory fees, penalties and more online!
Transportation of household goods means the for-hire movement of household goods by motor vehicle over the public highways within the state of Washington.
This includes providing estimates, arranging for receipt, delivery, storage in transit, handling, and providing any accessorial services in connection with that movement.
Companies We Regulate
- Insurance Requirements for Intrastate Motor Carriers
- Form E (Example Only)
- Form H (Example Only)
- Electronic Insurance Filing
Information for Companies
- Unified Carrier Registration (UCR)
- USDOT Number Requirement
- USDOT Biennial Update Info Card
- Consumer Moving Guides - Mandatory to distribute to customers
- Motor Carrier Insurance Requirements - Fact Sheet
- Transportation Fact Sheet
- Transportation Contacts
Estimated processing time for a complete application is about 1.3 days. Incomplete applications can take an average of 28 days to process which includes mandatory training.
You must attend a commission-sponsored training prior to receiving your provisional permit. Please see the upcoming dates here.
If you cannot wait until the next training, you may come to a commission-sponsored orientation, however, you will also be required to attend a later training.
- Application for Permit
- Attachment A - Household Goods Statement of Support
- Household Goods Permit Application - Filled Out Example
- Household Goods - Company or Trade Name Change
- Household Goods Transfer of Permit Authority
- Permit Cancellation Request
- Annual Report Forms
Resources for Movers
- Sample Bill of Lading
- Cube Sheet (Table of Measurements)
- Sample Cube Sheet (Table of Measurements)
- Sample Estimate
For More Information
Email: Licensing Services with questions about the application process and insurance
Or Phone: 360-664-1222
Email: Consumer Protection with tariff and rule questions
P.O. Box 47250
Olympia, WA 98504-7250