The UTC is currently holding a general rate case to evaluate changes Cascade Natural Gas plans to make to its rates and services, filed in September 2021.
The commission tracks all documents including work papers, notices, public comments, and official orders through dockets. For this rate case, the docket number is UG-210755.
The UTC hosted a virtual public comment hearing on May 25 to hear comments on Cascade Natural Gas' proposed rate change.
You still send comments by:
- email to email@example.com,
- mail to P.O. Box 47250 Olympia, WA, 98504; or
- phone at 888-333-9882 (toll-free).
You can request language assistance or reasonable accommodations to participate in the meeting at no cost to you.
The Public Counsel Unit of the Washington Office of the Attorney General represents residential and small business customers in UTC rate cases. You may reach them by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
They have provided a fact sheet to help you understand how this case impacts customers.
- Information Sheet for Cascade Natural Gas General Rate Case Docket UG-210755
- Cascade Natural Gas に関する情報シート 一般料金に関する事案、案件番号UG-210755
- Lembar Informasi untuk Cascade Natural Gas Buku Catatan Proses Peradilan Kasus Tingkat Umum UG-210755
- Hoja informativa sobre el caso de tarifa general de Cascade Natural Gas, nro. de expediente UG-210755
- Tariff filed Sept. 30, 2021: Cascade Natural Gas Corporation (Cascade or Company) filed with the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission (Commission) revisions to its currently effective Tariff WN U-3. Cascade requests authority to increase charges and rates for natural gas service by approximately $13.7 million, or 5.12% in base rates.
- Suspension Order Oct. 13, 2021: The Commission entered Order 01, Complaint and Order Suspending Tariff Revisions and Order 02, Protective Order.
- Prehearing Conference Notice Oct. 18, 2021: The Commission issued a Notice of Virtual Prehearing Conference, scheduled for Oct. 25, 2021, at 11 a.m.
- Prehearing Conference Order Oct. 26, 2021: The Commission issued a prehearing conference order. Order 03 established the procedural schedule including an evidentiary hearing set for June 1, 2022, at 9 a.m. The hearing will continue on June 2, 2022 as needed. To participate online, use the following link: Click here to join the meeting, or by calling (253) 215-8782 and enter Conference ID: 917 4150 9810.
- Suspension Order Feb. 23, 2022: the Commission issued a Notice suspending the procedural schedule, with the exception of the evidentiary hearing, and scheduling a virtual status conference on March 3, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.
- Rescheduled Status Conference March 1, 2022: The Commission issued a Notice rescheduling the status conference for March 10, 2022, at 9:30 a.m.
- Second Prehearing Conference Order March 11, 2022: The Commission issued Order 05. The second prehearing conference order established a procedural schedule, which among other things, includes submission of a settlement agreement.