​For the latest information, resources, and guidance related to COVID-19, please visit our COVID-19 information page or visit our COVID-19 Utility Bill Assistance page.

I'm Moving...

If you're planning on hiring a moving company, there are a few things you should know:

The commission regulates household goods movers that operate within the state of Washington (if you're moving between different states, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulates those moves).

Moving within Washington? Do your homework before hiring a mover!

Make sure the company you're considering has a valid permit from the UTC. To check and see if a company has permit, use the UTC's company look up tool or call the commission at 1-888-333-WUTC (9882).

A moving company operating within Washington must have a valid permit from the UTC. It's illegal to operate without one. 

Learn more about what customers should do before hiring a mover.