Note: These links to energy-related web sites are provided as a convenience to UTC customers. The commission does not endorse any product, service, or viewpoint contained on them. Scroll down the page, or use the listing of categories below.
- BC CAS - British Columbia Crown Agencies Secretariat is the main centre for financial and economic analysis of Crown operations; the Secretariat also plays a role in formulating and communicating Cabinet policy directives to Crown corporations.
- BC MEM - British Columbia Ministry of Energy & Mines.
- BC OGC - British Columbia Oil & Gas Commission regulates natural gas exploration and development.
- BCUC - British Columbia Utilities Commission.
- OPUC - Oregon Public Utility Commission.
- CPUC - California Public Utility Commission.
- IPUC - Idaho Public Utility Commission
- NARUC - National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners represents public utility and transportation commissions (PUCs) in the US and Canada. See NARUC's Electricity Committee, Gas Committee, and PUC links.
- NRRI - National Regulatory Research Institute at the Ohio State University provides research and assistance to help public utility commissions accomplish their missions.
- utilityregulation.com is a resource for public utility regulation.
Washington State Agencies
- EFSEC - The Energy Facility Site Evaluation Council is the permitting authority for energy facilities over 350 mW in Washington State. Their site includes current applications.
- Energy Policy Group is a division of the Washington State Office of Trade and Economic Development.
- Energy Program at Washington State University offers a variety of energy services to businesses and homes in Washington.
- NWPCC - The Northwest Power and Conservation Council is a four-state compact (Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington) which oversees electric power system planning and fish and wildlife recovery in the Columbia river basin.
- WECC - Western Electricity Coordinating Council coordinates and promotes electric system reliability in the western United States, Canada, and Mexico.
- WIEB - Western Interstate Energy Board, an association of Western states and Canadian provinces.
- DOE - US Department of Energy.
- EIA - The Energy Information Administration offers official energy statistics from the US government.
- FERC - The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission regulates transmission and wholesale prices of natural gas, oil, and electricity in interstate commerce, and licenses and inspects hydroelectric projects.
- NOAA - The National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration includes the National Weather Service and National Marine Fisheries Service.
Energy Statistics and Data
- Bloomberg Energy is a subscription service which offers some free price data and news.
- Energy Online courtesy LGC Consulting offers some free price data and news.
- Intercontinental Exchange has daily natural gas price information.
- PowerMarketers.Com provides electricity and natural gas PRICES, news, and other energy industry information from The Power Marketing Association.
- AGA - American Gas Association represents gas utilities
- GT I - Gas Technology Institute provides products and services related to natural gas.
- AWEA - American Wind Energy Association advocates the development of wind energy as reliable, environmentally superior energy alternative. In particular, see AWEA's wind energy development database for Washington State.
- Green Power Network from DOE provides news on green power markets and utility green pricing programs - both domestic and international.
- Northwest Environmental Advocates work to protect and restore water and air quality, wetlands, and wildlife habitat, and to stimulate the development of renewable energy sources.
- NREL - National Renewable Energy Laboratory, DOE's laboratory for renewable energy and energy efficiency research, development and deployment.
- EMAA - Electric Markets Analysis and Applications from NREL provides strategic information on facilitating renewable energy technologies in electricity markets.
- Washington Solar Energy Industries Association promotes the effective use of solar energy in Washington State through education and training.
- Solar Washington Chapter of the American Solar Energy Society (ASES)
Dams, Fish, and the Environment
- American Rivers is a non-profit organization for the protection and restoration of healthy natural rivers and the variety of life they sustain.
- Atlantic Salmon Federation is an international non-profit organization promoting conservation and wise management of the wild Atlantic salmon and its environment.
- Natural Resources Council of Maine works to protect, conserve and restore Maine's environment.
- River Alliance of Wisconsin is a non-profit, non-partisan group which advocates for the protection, enhancement and restoration of the state's rivers and watersheds.
- Trout Unlimited aims to conserve, protect and restore North American trout and salmon fisheries and their watersheds.
- United Nations Dams & Development Project promotes improved decision-making, planning, and management of dams and their alternatives, based on the core values and strategic priorities of the World Commission on Dams.
Global Climate Change
Links to Links
Staff contact: Deborah Reynolds, (360) 664-1255