UTC Consumer Protection staff investigate complaints from customers of regulated companies. Below are descriptions of the types of complaints we investigate.
- Customer Service - Used when you are primarily complaining about company service.
- Delayed Service - Used when you have requested service and the company has delayed installation.
- Quality of Service - Used when you are complaining about the quality of service and it is related to company’s physical plant, facilities, or product.
- Telephone - static related to cable facilities or central office equipment; >
- Electric - voltage fluctuations related to transformers;
- Water - poor water quality and/or water pressure issues.
NOTE: Water quality and water pressure complaints are generally referred to the Department of Health for resolution. UTC staff will document a complaint only during an ongoing general rate case for a specific water company.
- Network Congestion - Used when you cannot complete telephone outgoing calls (may receive fast busy tone).
- Payphone - Used for complaints about payphone service (either the payphone itself or the service received at the phone).
- Prepaid - Used when a prepaid calling card did not work properly, or as advertised.
- Refusal of Service - Used when a company has refused to provide service (i.e., dial tone, DSL, secondary services or features, electric, gas, or water)
- Slamming - Used when your preferred telephone carrier was changed without authorization.